Sunday, June 12, 2011

It continues...

Things with Brian are going great. He apologized for the nonsense that happened when I met his parents, apologized for his own behavior anyway, which is all he's responsible for I guess.

We've seen each other for just about all the free time we have that schedules permit. And he's moving to a daytime shift starting tomorrow so I think it'll be great.

He's been talking about his rich uncle who wants to buy a house in FL and have Brian live in it and maintain it. I keep wanting to blurt out "But, but, I thought we might be headed towards you moving in with me." But I didn't say it. It feels right with him but the rational brain says "You've only been dating 7 weeks and that's not enough time to know each other." And it's not wrong. But it really does feel right, like we've been dating way longer than 7 weeks, maybe because we chatted a little before I left the company, I don't know but I like it.  Anyway, tonight we were talking about his contract at work ending soon and wondering if the company would keep him on in another contract or not. And he said something about getting let go and having to move in with me, said in a joking manner but I responded "That wouldn't be so bad would it?" and he agreed that it wouldn't. I know it's too soon right now but maybe in a few more months' time it will be the right time. At least he know I'm open to it.

My aunts are coming to FL for a visit next month so they'll get to meet him, and their opinion will matter to my mom and the rest of the family but I think they'll like him. And we've been talking about going to MD together for an extra long Labor Day trip too. I'm excited about it. He makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment