Monday, May 23, 2011

So is this how it starts?

Do you remember the one HIMYM episode where Robyn has a new boyfriend but she's all "me, me, me, I, I, I"? The one at Halloween with Marshall and Lily as the awesome pirate and parrot? Well, I have Robyn's problem to a degree. To start at the beginning, I've been told the yard has chinch bugs and 2 weeks ago I bought the treatment for them but couldn't afford the spreading equipment. I'm used to taking care of things myself, sometimes it takes a little longer, but I always get it done. I know I talk like that, I have that mindset. Brian offered to get his dad's for me to borrow, instead of me spending money for a new one, and I said OK. Some guys like to feel that they're needed, so I let him come to my rescue. We talked about it Sunday morning, he was going to his parents' later that day and I was going to get it from him today after work. But when I asked him if he was able to get it, he said he forgot. Grrrr. So now I'm out of money again, my poor lawn is suffering and I'm annoyed.

I know it's a dumb little thing to be annoyed at and he could have lied and said his dad said no or something. But is this how the disappointment will start?

No comments:

Post a Comment