Mar 14, 2011
Means different things to different people. My geek friends celebrate Pi Day and Einstein's birthday. But as much as I try not to dwell on it, it's the anniversary of my older half-brother's (self-inflicted) death. There's some sadness of course but this day mostly makes me angry. Angry at him for taking the coward's way out. Angry at family members for celebrating him. Why? Because even though he was my brother, he was kind of an ass. Married one girl after getting her pregnant, cheated with his babysitter and later married her. Then cheated again with some other chick. I think he made an effort to be a good dad but as a general human being he wasn't fantastic. The word 'irresponsible' doesn't quite do him justice. Now, his young children are fatherless in the worst way and relatives on facebook keep posting how they love him and miss him and he's an angel... blah blah blah. The worst is seeing his 2nd wife doing it. Who was dating someone else, either concurrently with his death or nearly immediately after and who has remarried since. I'm sick of her pretending she loved him and sick of everyone pretending he was great. I want to caps lock yell it on FB, but I won't, I'll get it out of my brain and onto the page here, instead.
RIP Jay, you were kind of a jerk, but you were family and I loved you anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment