Feb 13, 2011
I've been pulling weeds in the back yard, I don't know what they are but one type looks like a mutant 3 foot tall dandelion. I really need to figure out what I'm going to do for lawn care. First time owning a home, I don't think I can keep it all up by myself and there's the money issue either way--hiring a service or buying the equipment. The hiccup in my employment situation has screwed any short term plans that include disposable income.
On another journal I just read, a woman brought up comments she's been getting about her profile and journal entries not having a consistent tone with each other. Made me wonder about mine, but I think I'm consistent, yeah?
Speaking of journals, I wish there was a way to make sticky entries, ones that would stay near the top and be easily accessible no matter how old they are. These random thought ones could be buried but the more important ones would stick around, my profile would probably be shorter if that was a feature.
I'll jump on the bandwagon and post about Valentine's Day. One might think, after being single for so long, that I'd hate the holiday with a passion. But that's not the case at all. I may not be part of an 'us' and I don't really even have any close friends around here, but I can't bring myself to hate this holiday. I can't even pinpoint why, maybe it's just the hope that one day I will be able to celebrate an 'us'. Plus, I really like the color red and this time of year I can usually find some nice decorative stuff for the house.
I almost had a date today but he backed out last night. Too long of a drive and he was feeling down on himself. I've been going back and forth from bummed to relieved. I wanted to meet him and see the state park we were going to meet at, but I'm not one to coddle self-defeating people. You're only responsible for yourself and everyone goes through shit sometimes, you can let it consume you or you can snap yourself out of the funk and find away to make things better. We'll probably remain internet friends for a while but it's unlikely we'll ever progress past that.
Now I think maybe it's hammock time with some reading or a nap.
No comments:
Post a Comment