Saturday, May 7, 2011

Romance


Jan 24, 2011

I suppose I've always known that there are different kinds of romance. People's idea of what romance is could vary widely. But just now I realized that it's something to be aware of when reading profiles. So what does it really mean when someone describes themselves as a romantic? I suspect a recent profile I read of a male match was kind of... Disney romance, is the best way I can think to put it. Flowers and hearts, polite kisses and candlelight. Tame. Boring. 
I don't actually use the word romantic in my profile, I think I am, but not Disney romance. I need passion, heat, desire... maybe it's slightly trashy "romance novel" romance, I've never really read one. I need an intense love, can't bear to be out of touch for long, love. The flowers and candlelight are fine too when it's combined with the uninhibited passion. 
Just another piece of the puzzle.

No comments:

Post a Comment