Feb 22, 2011
I'm surprised by the number of people in their 30s that are still undecided if they want kids or not. I mostly see men make statements about it, in profiles or in answers to match questions so I don't know if there are as many women still undecided. Sure, men are typically fertile longer but that's only one factor, besides the basic biological ability to reproduce you have to think ahead to when you're 5, 10, 15 years older. Do you really want to be chasing after a toddler when you're 40? 45? It's not especially appealing to me, I want to be a mom, it's the only thing I've ever known for sure, but with every passing year it becomes more clear that it probably never would.. or should happen.
So, think on it. If you don't want kids, then you don't, and you might want to make that known. But if you think you do, remember there's much more to it than making the baby... you still have to spend the next 20 years or so raising it.
No comments:
Post a Comment