Oct 2, 2010
Started packing for the move this morning, I should probably wait til after the house inspection on Tuesday but I'm losing 6 days with a trip to MD and I don't want to rush and be stressed. I had been hoarding some empty boxes since I started house shopping but only doing the books, DVDs and winter linens filled those up fast. I've found most people hate packing and moving but I kinda love it. As a kid we moved a few times, and as an adult I've moved a lot, granted I've never had more than a 1 bedroom apartment to move myself but I love it. I mostly love the unpacking and feeling like I'm starting fresh somewhere. I still have boxes packed from when I moved from Baltimore over 3 years ago, no idea what's in them. They're stacked in a corner of the room with a table cloth covering them. It'll be like opening presents when I finally get to unpack. I'm not methodical about packing but I try to be organized. I packed some books with a dinosaur toy in the middle, it'll make me smile in a month when I unpack them.
I do need to get rid of a few things, listed my elliptical on Craigslist, I didn't really like it and since I brought my exercise bike down from MD I never use the elliptical. Listed a few things on Freecycle too, not worth anything really but maybe someone can make use of them. And there are some other things I just need to find proper disposal facilities for, like the stupid ionic air purifier that won't power on anymore, I don't want to just trash it, need to find somewhere to recycle electronics.
No comments:
Post a Comment