Friday, May 6, 2011

Homeownerdom


Nov 5, 2010

So it's been over a week since I closed on the new house, 5 days since I've been officially out of the ShitHole Apartment. I sent the main leasing company, not the community leasing office, a letter about how shitty the leasing office was about maintaining the place.
New house is going ok so far, I still don't feel like it's my house yet but I think that's mostly because I still have a lot of unpacking and personalizing to do. I've got the kitchen unpacked and functional finally, that was the most important thing, besides replacing the broken mailbox.  Mailman left me mean notes because it was held onto the post with bungee cords but I bought a new one and installed it, all better now. 
Still have a few little things to fix up and a couple big purchases to make. Washer and dryer most importantly, I will be so excited when I can do laundry without putting pants on!  But I need to let all the first month bills come in so I can see my where my budget really is. Also gonna need yard equipment but I'm weighing the options of just hiring someone, it's a corner lot and a lot to maintain on my own. I want to get the septic tank pumped, I don't have any records about its maintenance until now so I'm nervous every time I flush... it's my first septic system and I've heard bad stories. One minor (major?) problem with that is I can't actually find the tank... no clear indicators on the property, even when friends with experience looked around. I also need to know where it is because I know I'm not allowed to plant stuff on it. hopefully the septic guy will have some magic thing to find it...

No comments:

Post a Comment