Friday, May 6, 2011

Clichés


Sep 12, 2010

I read a lot of journals and profiles and there are silly catch phrases that people use and then the rest of us complain about them. So this will be a cliche post about cliche profiles.
I'm not even sure what "living life to its fullest" means. It's ridiculous on its own but when all 4 of your pics are nearly identical webcam shots in front of your computer it's just bullshit. I just came across a profile with exactly that.
"Loves to laugh" Really? Who the hell doesn't? I guess the rest of us enjoy being miserable curmudgeons.
"I'm A but also the opposite of A"-- (I'm energetic but laid back. I'm serious but goofy.) The idea of this itself isn't bad, we have layers, more than one dimension to our personality (hopefully) but let's find a more interesting way to show it.
These cliches cross gender, race and age lines, doesn't seem to matter much. Unoriginality can afflict anyone. I don't think I'm guilty except for this post. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment