Friday, May 6, 2011

Because people still don't get it...


Sep 28, 2010

I have to repeat myself again.
This place is where you make your first impression, having a poorly written or nearly empty profile (or sending a similar message) is the same as meeting someone for the first time in a ratty, dirty t-shirt. It says you're lazy, stupid and/or just don't care enough to make an effort, would you really want to date someone like that? Neither do I.
This place is full of people who already realize that, if you want your fair shot at someone you have to step up your game.  So, please, please proofread your profile and at least attempt correct grammar and spelling. No one is perfect but come on! Use Firefox, there's a built in spell checker.
I don't know what kind of profiles the majority of women write, I get some idea when I read journals, and I see a lot of men complain that they don't know what women what, or why women won't respond to messages.  I'm not speaking for the rest of women-kind, but I'm telling you what I want.  I'm sure there are plenty of women who are happy to meet you wearing a ratty, dirty tshirt, and if you're both ok with that, I'm sure you'll be happy together, but I am not her.

No comments:

Post a Comment