Saturday, May 7, 2011

Chrifsmas


Dec 10, 2010

Keeping the FSM is Chrifsmas! Maybe it's because I have a house of my own finally, but this year I kinda miss having a tree.  I haven't had one since my parents divorced in 1994 (I think). When I lived with just my mom, she finally let me get a cat and that was another reason we didn't get a tree. When I finally moved out on my own, I've been single pretty much since then and without a family to celebrate and decorate it just seemed pointless.
I have a perfect spot for it here but I feel like it'll depress me more if I have to decorate it alone and there won't be any presents underneath. It would be a super geeky cool tree though.  Sci-fi and zombies and FSM probably mixed with some traditional ornaments too. There are these Star Wars paper snowflake templates floating around the net that I love. I'd love to just sit and snip paper for a few hours and make them for decorations.  And now that I can knit, there's tons of handmade ornaments to make... *sigh* Maybe next year, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment