Friday, May 6, 2011

Buying a first home


Apr 9, 2010

I'm on the verge of purchasing my first home, it's exciting and kinda terrifying, not unlike skydiving :)  But I'm noticing that perhaps my problem with "settling" in regards to relationships is also carrying over to the home buying.  There are SO many choices, I'm afraid I'll miss out on something better.  And really this is much worse because a bad boyfriend is easier to get rid of than a bad house.  I can't afford what I really want on my single salary so settling for good enough seems inevitable, especially since I'm trying to get it done by the end of the month to qualify for that fed tax credit, there's just not enough time to look at them all.  I'm SO ready to say goodbye to this craptastic apartment though, I just have to get over the fear and do it.
The one I'm leaning towards is on well water and septic system, I've never had to deal with that before and so I'm a little worried about that too. But it's got a good bit of land and that'll bring me some happiness with gardening and space for dogs to play.  I really want this to go smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment