Aug 22, 2010
Is how I might describe my activities this weekend, at the very least a kitchen goddess. The baking bug bit me, muffins from scratch which I make all the time but I also attempted bagels from scratch for the first time. Improvised Honey Wheat from a plain, white bagel recipe. I only have a little experience with yeast breads so they came out a little more dense and chewy than I hoped for, still very yummy and a first attempt I can be proud of. Next time-- less kneading, more rising. Soft pretzels are on the list to try too.
Also made salt potatoes, now I've never had the authentic ones from the central NY area but mine came out just as they were supposed to, bit of a salt crust outside and creamy inside.
Now, if I only had someone here to praise my goddessness, the weekend would have been perfect :)
/me goes to clean up the salt residue covering half of her tiny kitchen.
No comments:
Post a Comment