Friday, May 6, 2011

Can't sleep


Jun 1, 2010

Past 4am and I'm wide awake, for a multitude of reasons. Long holiday weekend over, mostly boring except for Star Wars Weekend at Disney on Saturday, that's always fun.
Part of my awakeness is because I was thinking about my matches here on OKC.  Seeing some promising newer matches come up, cute geeky guys, similar personalities, not too far away. I've 4-star rated and stalked a few profiles and get stalked back but ultimately no messages get sent. I wish I could put up an anonymous poll to find out why they passed.  My looks?  Something off-putting in my profile? 
The messages I have been getting are of poor quality lately, messages and profiles with terrible grammar and spelling or are completely uninteresting.  And unless they make a decent effort in the message (and most don't) they get ignored. Am I being difficult?  Maybe, but I don't think it's too much to ask for a little effort.  More than "Hi, how are you?"  Plenty of stuff to react to in my profile and pics, at least show me that you read some of it.
I'm desperate for some love and affection, it's a really wonderful thing, but I'm not desperate enough to get it from just any idiot on here.
And what's with guys starting a whole new profile?  It's one thing if you quit and come back later but to just start a whole new one?  Do you hate your user name that much? Because I'm pretty sure everything else can be redone.  I can recall at least 3 of my "matches" starting over since I've been here.  It's weird and maybe even a little shady.
And why does OKC keep matching me with "Availables"?? I chose "Single" for my preference, not looking to be part of a harem.  If I wanna search for friends, then I'll use the search page.  AND why do they keep putting matches I've blocked in the "You Might Like..." section?  I don't like them... or they don't like me back and either way, I'm sick of looking at their faces.
I've changed the time in the first sentence at least 3 times since I started writing.  It's possible I'm overtired now and this won't make a whole lot of sense but I'm posting it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment